The 2018 Hurricane CrossFit Intramural Open is here! We have four teams competing against each other for gym supremacy! Who’s banner will be raised to the rafters in 2018?
The CrossFit Open starts on February 22nd and goes through March 26th! It is five weeks and five workouts of camaraderie, fun, and challenging workouts!
The Intramural Open is our way of making the CrossFit Open Games season more fun and brings our community closer together! We understand and hear you that the fun gets taken out of the Open once you fall into 10,000th place. We want to put the fun back into the Open by creating four teams made up of all of our athletes who signed up for the Open. These four teams will compete in a fun, challenging five-week tournament! The winning team will have its team banner raised to the rafters!
To compete in the CrossFit Intramural Open, you must be signed up for the CrossFit Open. It is how we aggregate and validate scores for each team. Registration for the OPEN starts this Thursday! You must be signed up by February 10th to be eligible for the draft and a team shirt! Anyone who signs up after the draft is a free agent and will be picked up by a Team. Essentially, everyone who signs up for the Open will be on a team! We ask that you please don’t play the system and sign-up after the OPEN so you can choose your team.
Speaking of Team Captains! Here are your team captains.
Laura Granger: Blue Barracudas
Callie Schiro: Red Jaguars
Kim Schultz: Purple Parrots
Heidi James: Green Monkeys
If there is a team you want to be on, let that captain know! Drafting is made easier when the team captains know they have a dedicated team lined up!
Your team will compete against the other teams and will be awarded points for the following accomplishments:
- 0 Points How you finish in the ranking. As you see below, points are awarded based mostly on participation.
- 1 Point Do the workout in Regularly Scheduled Class and submit scores (do-overs will not get extra points.)
- 1 Point Do the workout in Open Gym with one of the coaches present and submit score (do-overs will not get extra points.)
- 1 Point Post yourself or teammates during or after open workouts on social media. Make sure to tag/hashtag us using #HurricaneOPEN. Limited to one point per day.
- 3 Points Do the workout on Thursday after the live announcement
- 3 Points Spirit of the Games (individual). Judged on by us the coaches at the end of each week.
- 5 Points Spirit of the Games (team). Judged on by us the coaches. This may or may not be awarded every week. Let’s see how magical you guys can get.
- -3 Points Not entering your score on games.crossfit.com by Monday at 7 pm.
- -5 Points You didnʼt sign up for the Open or Intramural? But you want to crash the party without bringing beer or food. (well actually I couldnʼt deduct points if you didnʼt sign up could I?) I think you get the Idea… Join in on the Party!
Our Open workouts will take place on Friday during all classes and is a fun, community building atmosphere. We want the OPEN to be the catalyst for fun competition and camaraderie.
Who will take home the Hurricane CrossFit Intramural Championship? Whose banner will be raised? Will it be your team?
Sign-up for the CrossFit Open HERE and be the difference for your team!
Please e-mail Cody@HurricaneCrossFit.com for any questions.
Here is to the best Open season to date!